Capernwray Sprint Tri / Aqua Series
Capernwray Triathlons / Aquathlons / AquaBikes are a great way to get your Tri fix on a week day. They’re super friendly and relaxed, so are also an ideal way to take your first steps into Triathlon.
What makes these events so nice is the swim in the cool, clear waters of the flooded quarry that is Capernwray. Follow this with an undulating bike route that loops through lanes of Lancashire, then a loop along the Lancaster canal tow path and you’ll see why this is such a popular mid week event.
Are you completely new to Triathlon? Want to just get a taste of the sport to start with? Then maybe have a go at the Aquathon. It’s the same swim as the Tri and the same run, but no bike section. A great taster, then maybe come back the following month for the full Monty!
- Registration: Upstairs in the café / outside weather dependant.
- Start times: 19:00 5th June, 3rd July, 7th August. 18:00 4th September
- Minimum Age to enter: 15
- Places available: 150
- Included: Free parking, water safety cover, professional photographs.
- Spectators will be charged at £5 per car, staff will be on hand to assist parking.
- The terms and conditions will be followed closely in 2024 to help the events recover from the past few years. Please note points 6, 7 & 8 before asking for transfers or refunds.
- Walk the course: TBC
- Paddle the canal: TBC Litter pick